A Series of 5 Workshops taken either individually or all together that will give you tools to start to really change your running form.
Running Form Summer Series 2019: Includes an all-day Running Form Workshop and 4 Specialty Classes- 2 hours each. Take all 5 for $275.00 ($345.00 value)
As a running coach, my main goal is to teach you not only what good running form is, but actually HOW to make the long-lasting permanent changes that are possible. Changing running form involves a combination of working with structural alignment, knowing how to move and initiate from the core, and working with muscle imbalances side to side. The exercises I teach you are functional and will transfer directly into your running gait. Your body will be very familiar with what it needs to do before you even start running with the exercises that we will do.
The Group sessions don’t replace individual sessions, but it will give you the basis to get all the more from privates and I’m giving content in the workshops that will save you extra one on one time. The structure of the series is intentional is to allow a deeper understanding of how to really make changes to your running, so if you can do all of them, I would highly recommend it.
Running Form and Technique Workshop: Sunday, June 23rd (10:30am-3:30pm)
Sunday June 23rd: 10:30 to 3:30 ~ $125.00 or bring a friend and both do it for $100.00 each.
This Workshop will include a combination of lecture, conceptual material, experiential exercises, videos, and how to transfer the material into your individual running form. We will start the workshop indoors working with various breathing and relaxation techniques to learn how to contact the deeper muscles, especially the low transverse abs, pelvic floor, and the psoas. We will then take this directly into the running gait, so each person has a chance to see how they will transfer these exercises into running. There’s not a lot of actual running in the workshop, so if you aren’t in a place to run much, that’s fine. Everyone will have an opportunity to observe improvements others make as well, giving you a wide range of impressions that facilitate the learning process. Then we’ll wrap up the day with Q and A.
What you Get!
- Video Taping
- Individualized Form and Technique Correction
- Conceptual Material and Experiential Exercises about the Running Stride
- An Understanding of Proper Body Alignment and Body Usage
- Fun and Inspiration
Breathing and the Core: Wed. July 17th (5:45pm-745pm) $55.00
Will the Real Inner Core please stand up!
This workshop is foundational to everything that I teach. Don’t miss this one if you can help it! It can be so confusing about how we should be moving from the core and what it really means to build core strength. When you can run moving from your core (which is really the inner core), running is easy.
What You Get!
- Use breath to increase sensory awareness and contact the deep Inner core muscles: pelvic Floor, diaphragm, low transverse abs, multifidi.
- Experiential exercises that transfer into the running gait.
- Learn to relax the habitual tensions and allow the proper muscles in the pelvis to function
- Improved range of motion in the core as well as more stability. See how these work together
- Visualizations and focuses while running to use the core
- Homework to help you integrate the work we do in the class.
The Amazing Intelligence of Alignment: Sunday, July 21st (10:30am-12:30pm) $55.00
In this workshop we will discover, experience, and understand the miracle of what happens when alignment starts to be recognized in the body. Given that there are 5 major segments in the body, this is not really an easy task, but critical to good running form. The closer your body is to perfect alignment, the less likely you are to suffer running injuries or develop musculoskeletal problems.
Improved body alignment allows you take advantage of momentum and gravity; promotes a natural reflexive action from the muscles, tendons, and ligaments; and allows the joints to move freely through their range of motion with minimum impact.
What you Get!
- What does alignment mean? Learn what it means to line up the segments: Head and neck, shoulder girdle, rib cage, pelvis and legs and feet.
- Experiential exercises that translate directly to running.
- Understand what the axis is in the body, good alignment from the inside out, not just how it looks, but how to really feel it.
- Experience a natural reflexive action in the body and lessen impact.
Pelvis and Power: Wed. July 31st (5:45pm-7:45pm) $55.00
The pelvis is the prime mover in the body. It’s in the center of the body and it’s also a pivotal area. So much of our movement is determined by how we move or don’t move this area. In order to feel more effortless in our movement, we will take time in the workshop to get familiar with the bones, muscles and 3 planes of movement in this area both conceptually and experientially. We’ll discover some of the secrets of the sacrum. I like calling it the sacred sacrum. We’ll take all this into some running and experiment.
What You Get:
- Understand more about the pelvic floor
- Learn the landmarks of the bones in the pelvis
- Experience the difference between stability and mobility and why they are both important
- How the pelvis moves in running gait
- Grasp the importance of the connection of the foot to the hip
Sense the Significant Psoas: Sunday, August 11th (10:30am-12:30pm) $55.00
The psoas, being the deepest and most powerful muscle in the whole body is a mystery to understand how it functions. We all know a tight psoas is typical for a runner, but how do you even know where it is and how to work with it.
The goal of this workshop is to develop a sense of where it is in the body, how to actually sense it, and learn how to engage it through deep awareness. A healthy Psoas facilitates healing, movement, and fitness while reducing overall stress and is a vital step toward resolving injury and trauma in the body, let alone become the runner you want to be. This workshop is an important first step to achieving this.
What You Get:
- How to find your psoas: engage, sense, soften, lengthen and strengthen it.
- Learn how a healthy Psoas supports movement, strength, endurance & well-being
- Experience practical ways of sensing your own Psoas
- Explore the emotional/energetic and spiritual significance to have a healthy and balanced psoas.
- Apply concepts to some simple daily movements as well as running.
Cancellation Policy for Workshops
If you must cancel, cancellations must be done at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled day to get a refund. There will be a $15.00 processing fee. If you cancel within two weeks of the session up to 48 hours before, your fee cannot be refunded, but can be used as credit towards other workshops or sessions.